By Friday, April 14, Králové Hradec hygienists had detected Salmonella Thomson in 90 people out of a total of 130 people infected with food.
“Salmonella Thomson has not yet been recorded in the Czech Republic. It is a consequence of globalism,” confirmed the head of the Department of Infectious Diseases at the University Hospital in Hradec Králové, Petr Prášil, who knew the Asian strain of salmonella, which causes the usual symptoms, only from a textbook.
“There is no reason to panic or worry about the epidemic. Human-to-human transmission only occurs exceptionally when the individual in question grossly fails to observe hygiene. The treatment is the same as for common Salmonella Enteritidis, with infusions, and leaves no after-effects. The course of Salmonella Thomson is more explosive, so it starts much faster,” he specified.
The number of people poisoned by food in a restaurant in Hradec Králové is still growing
Salmonella Thomson probably arrived in Hradec Králové with some cooking ingredients. “The restaurant operator has an obligation to supply safe food to the market, which he should take care of. It is important to choose a reliable supplier and analyze samples of imported food,” stated Marika Ficencová from the State Agricultural and Food Inspection. “Since this scandal broke last week, we’ve been focusing more on restaurant sampling,” she claimed.
Salmonella Thomson was detected by tests of the National Reference Laboratory, where samples taken from people infected with food served since the end of March at the Chich food’s restaurant on the corner of the Velké náměstí in Králové-Hradec were sent for analysis. “Handmade peanut sauce was the most likely source of infection. However, it was not possible to take her sample, she was no longer available after the outbreak of the case,” added Veronika Krejčí, spokeswoman for the Regional Hygiene Station in Hradec Králové.
I will never open there again, announced the owner of a restaurant in Hradec, where dozens of people were poisoned
The hygienists closed the restaurant and cleaned the interior. The establishment can be reopened after the consent of the hygienists, which the owner, as she said on Facebook, where she apologized to diners, does not even intend to do.
The specialty of Vietnamese cuisine caused a number of people to be hospitalized for at most a week with diarrhea, vomiting and fever. Almost fifty of them went through the infectious disease clinic. The rest stopped indigestion at home several times after a visit to the district doctor. The number of those infected can only be estimated. “All hospitalized patients have already been discharged. It can be said that the infection has reached its peak and is no longer appearing,” explained Prášil.
Leave a Reply