According to representatives of the Czech Medical Chamber (ČLK), thousands of doctors continue to insist that they will not work overtime in December. According to ČLK president Milan Kubek, this will mean a significant reduction in health care.
According to deputy minister Václav Pláteník (KDU-ČSL), the protesting ministry proposed allocating up to 8.5 billion kroner from the reimbursement decree for the increase in remuneration, which the participants did not agree to. Representatives of both parties said this at today’s press conference.
“For the fourth time, we received exactly the same proposals. The promises of salary increases are completely baseless and ignore all the doctors and nurses in the regional hospitals, which are the majority,” said Kubek. According to CLK, a meeting with Prime Minister Petr Fiala (ODS) will probably take place this week.
According to the Minister of Health Vlastimil Válk (TOP 09), the ministry has no other money available than that in the public health insurance system, which is distributed by the reimbursement decree. “Anything more would go to the detriment of the national debt,” he added.
“Due to the intransigence of the Minister of War, health care will be fundamentally limited in December,” added Kubek. However, the chamber had already announced that in December, acute care would be maintained at the expense of planned care.
According to representatives of the ministry, there has been a shift in the case of additional requests from doctors. On Thursday, the House of Representatives should start discussing the amendment to the Labor Code, which will return the maximum number of hours of overtime per year to the original 416 hours. The senators should then discuss it on December 20, and Válek hopes that this will allow it to come into effect in 2024.