The Minister of Health Vlastimil Válek (TOP 09) will meet with the directors of health insurance companies on Monday afternoon, and he will give them the task of creating an addendum to the reimbursement decree, which will clearly state what additional amount will go to doctors, paramedics and other workers of medical facilities.
He said this in the afternoon on Nova TV’s discussion program. According to Jan Přáda, vice-chairman of ČLK and head of the Young Doctors Section, the mechanism for redistributing the promised 9.8 billion crowns will be key for doctors to withdraw their 6,000 overtime resignations.
“Discussions on the redistribution mechanism to all facilities and between individual doctors froze last week,” confirmed Přáda.
Válek said that insurance companies can sign addendums with medical facilities in which they agree on the distribution of the money received.
How the government’s negotiations with the doctors went
At the last minute, doctors and the government found an agreement that postpones the protest that threatens to paralyze the country’s hospitals. But nothing is signed and the large amount of overtime that dissatisfied doctors complain about does not disappear either.
“Before the meeting with the doctors, which I have scheduled for Monday at 2:45 p.m., I called all the directors of the insurance companies and I will ask them for the mechanism for distributing the supplement so that the director of VZP can clearly say at the meeting with the doctors what it will look like and guarantee it, explained the Minister of Health.
He added that the money will be divided between individual categories of doctors, from those who are not certified to doctors with many years of experience, as well as nurses, laboratory technicians and other workers in the health sector. “The amendment must be uncomplicated,” Válek said.
Minister Válek extinguishes the dissatisfaction of doctors, which was started by young doctors who are annoyed by excessive overtime work, which hospitals de facto violate the labor code. As of December 1, some doctors have therefore announced their dismissal from overtime.
The day before the announcement of the medical strike, Prime Minister Petr Fiala (ODS) entered the negotiations, which had been led by the Minister of Health for weeks, to announce an agreement on money and future changes to the legislation after several hours of negotiations. After her, Přáda called on his colleagues to ensure patient care in the first days of December.
“We have agreed that the cancellation of this action will happen when we finally sign this agreement, which will happen early next week with the participation of other government officials,” he said last Thursday. These negotiations should begin tomorrow.
The medical trade unionists, who have not called off the protest for the time being, opposed it. The head of medical unions, Martin Engel, called Thursday’s press conference of Fiala and Přáda a disgusting show. “I agreed with my people that we go to the event based on the decision of the meeting of the chairmen and only the same format can end it. I will not take it upon myself to cheat anyone,” Engel said, adding that such a decision could come as early as Thursday, December 7.
“We have an agreement that the traffic will be ensured on the weekend, and more or less on Monday or Tuesday it will be seen whether the protest will be definitively called off,” said Dagmar Žitníková, chairwoman of the Health and Social Care Trade Union, on Friday.